I am incessantly amazed at how easily some people surrender their power.
You know what I’m talking about, don’t you?
- People who wave theirs white flags wildly in an insane effort to exempt themselves from taking up arms (their own two arms), preposterously supposing that surrender will at least fetch them a life of tolerable imprisonment.
- People who choose not to accept that they possess the power to solve the problems they perceive.
- People who are far too busy blaming others for every misfortune that befalls them, all whilst swooning and clamouring at the injustice of it all.
- People who are more comfortable playing the role of victim than of the adventuring hero of their own stories.
It makes things easier, doesn’t it? Not having to take personal responsibility for what happens in your life. Or does it?
On the flip side… the fun side, we’ve got a posse of possibilitarians who live life as an epic adventure, where the limits of the imagination are their only constraints.
Where do you stand? Are you at cause in your life? Or are you at effect?
Check these simple benchmarks and see where you fall:
Being At Cause
- You take full responsibility for all that you create
- You are the driving force of all that you achieve.
- You see opportunities instead of obstacles
- You are an explorer of possibility
- You are flexible and adapt to change
- You accept challenges and love to learn
- You are response able for your emotions and actions
- You reach and surpass goals and move on to new ones
- You feel like you have the world in the palm of your hand
Being At Effect
- You blame others for how you feel
- You feel powerless to reach your goals
- You see obstacles instead of opportunities
- You consider yourself a victim of circumstance
- You are stuck in old patterns and too afraid to make changes
- You give up easily because there’s no point in continuing
- Your emotions run rampant and control your choices
- You only dream about the life you want
- You believe you are at the mercy of whatever the world gives you
So how did you do?
If you’re at cause and you’re busy creating the life you want… congratulations! I can’t wait to see what you create!
If you’re at effect and happy there. Enjoy the discomfort of your comfort zone.
Or if you want to take charge and step into your own magnificence… then go back to the parameters above and start taking responsibility for your choices.
If you choose to step up and escape the insidious loop of being at effect, don’t call it quits if you happen to slide back and forth as you learn to adapt to feeling in control of your life for the first time. It can be a slippery slope as you learn to rid yourself of old patterns of thinking and being. But take heart, it is so worth the perseverance. And you will learn to wield your own wand and create a magical future of which you’d only once dreamed.
Remember: Being at cause does not mean you will no longer be triggered. It does mean that you have the awareness that whatever triggers you is about you, and no one else. You know that your reactions are your own limitations.
Your ego is a sneaky and treacherous little blighter. It wants to hold you back to keep it company and it won’t give up without a fight.
But, you don’t have to fight. When you choose battle, you’ve already lost.
All you have to do is hold your own power. When you back away from your negative thoughts and emotions, you render them powerless, making room for them to just pass right on through.
When you allow your feelings to flow, at the right time and in the right place, you can explore the reason for their being. From there, you can find the learning, and let go with gratitude. acceptance, and in many cases, a good laugh. I love that part!
That’s a lot healthier than dwelling in the emotion and allowing it to continue to recycle and re-install into your neurology in a vicious cycle. This is the sad fate for those who choose to stay stuck in being at effect.
It’s all up to you. The power has been yours all along
So here to causing a stir! Be sure to mix up something wonderful!
It sure beats being served up something unsavory and being stuck with it.
Well, it is to me.. but then I’m already creating the life of my dreams.
Won’t you join me?
Shelley Lundquist is an international best-selling author, motivational speaker, and Self-Mastery & Success Coach who uses her intuitive gifts and powerful transformational breakthrough processes to empower audiences all over the world in leveraging the unlimited power of their own potential.
By guiding you through a journey of self-discovery and a shift in the way you perceive yourself and the world, Shelley will help you create your best life—a peaceful, harmonious life of joy and abundance, that acknowledges body, mind, and spirit.
Get Free Access!
Are you honoring yourself? By setting boundaries, breaking old molds, and investing in your own potential, you let yourself be who you really are, and all things become possible! It's not too late to register! When you do you'll receive complimentary access to ALL the sacred conversations and over 45 transformational gifts from guests and sponsors.
One conversation CAN change your life!